Saturday, February 27, 2010

English 5P

Last Quarter, I was in a poetry class, which was really fun and entertaining and exploratory. We had to submit a poem each week and I began playing around with the sounds and placement of words together.
Here are a few (but i could get the formating right for some):


***************************

Words trapped within a young frame
Swimming for the surface
Without courage to lead the way out,
We are quiet.
And next,
Her ear and all returns to dust,
The hush falls upon us.

Remember, my hand in hers,
I was blind and unaware.
She, the one that was losing hair.
And I was scared.
I planted you inside her shoes.
A voice could never carry so much gratitude,
Especially one so inexperienced.


I am carving my own heart.
When unproductive days yield late nights,
Late nights breed thoughts,
And thoughts circulate wildly as dreams and fanciful things.
Wonderment. Priorities. Melodies. Piano. Struck.

I am carving the word “reserved”.
I know what is above me and I reach for it.
Choose to fight or follow.
All was overhead.
My speech, ineloquent.
My vision, astounding.
My roots are twisting.
A hold. A distance. A flaw. A sign.

I am carving a mountain.
Common ground is fickle,
Destinations undetermined,
I will carry on her work.
Everything hurts, every one aches,
Everything looks, every knee quakes.
I am building. I am bereft. I am a channel. I am focused.



****************************

Mud

Wilted heather and the stone
Between us distance wide
A feeling shall promote the last
Erasing as I write
For cinders sinter in our hands
And spending all the lives
To come upon a marsh-like land
Stand tall at marvel-sites
How numerous the blackened boots
That trampled yonder land
Our feet inherit, subtle, cursed
Predicament at hand
New sludge will squish and shout a bit
Such scattered foliage
Onyx quills to dip your ink
With sinew still attached
Littering leaves of silver gray
Something within has scratched
I would stop if I were you
I see the three-eyed fish
Movements perverse the ground, you see
Strict standards, nervous twitch
Dry Earth desires sweet rain for sleep
Pleading: “Hold me close!”
This is all we shall receive:
“Parades are watched by most.”


*****************************


Red wall red wall red wall

For love forlorned
A sea-swelled form

Red wall red wall red wall

Blue roof blue roof blue roof
To keep it warmed
A tumble torn

Blue roof blue roof blue roof

Black door black door black door

One is born
The woods conformed

Black door black door black door

What have we built
Four flowers willed
They fall and fall and fall
A horse’s hoof gives little proof
No more no more no more


***************************

[Insufficient ventricles]

fated fright

of second rate

namely tamely moderate.

reaching up seeking up,

ominous crawling creeping up.

a love song for an essence unknowable,

for me

noxious nostalgia go free, like neonates afraid to be.

elective subjective protective scorn

so and such and courage sworn

raking snaking , then adorn

hello to hallowed

hollow horn.


************************

Science, Baby


1 Melodies

2 Rain all down, itsy bitsy

3 Like: Bam! Pow! Boom!, super

4 Pour into me, glug glug

5 Waves, they were the moon’s fault

6 Get amplified amplified, rock show

7 Keep moving, marathon

8 Two paths, fork

9 Just one is detectable, metal

10 Go through, galoshes

11 Bend, telepathic

12 Rigidity affects three Hares, peter

13 Secondary, primary

14 Activate a change, revolution

15 A signal, stop sign

16 Move to the brain, it moves you

17 Both sides


*********************************

we i me every thing


today

patience or just lazy slow

not a drop to weather

window

my fanciest formal white and crony worn out shoes brown broken

and stolen cannot invent the wheel

resolve to opt to elect to choose to

tread

brushes of breeze it twirls me

as arms to wrap me up

noted

my soles are fiery on fire my soul

my eyes a roving wayfarer

careful consideration informal attention to the insignificant

every diverse flutter

every squeeze sigh twitch harmony

trees

are bare bones black lacey

against robins’ egg of blue

specks

against cracked eggshell

marvelous and ever-reflected in a mere insignificant drop of a puddle

fingers to force a cage

the leaves do as they’re told

so many shades of gray

so many shades of skin

every breath is a blunt tingle pure

treble

something musical in a quiet day

every paint has its note

bells

something individual transcendently divine to notice

to cogitate every history and piece for peace

cut up symphony orchestra fantastico

all the little hush rumble chirps

i do know why i am here


No comments: